Sunday, October 3, 2010
Just The Way You Are
Ah, I totally missed out on September, but for good reason! September was a busy month, so here it is, in retrospect.

Let me start off by how much I enjoy listening to Bruno Mars', "Just The Way You Are". I think I hear this song on the radio at least 5 times a day to and from work, and still, I'm not sick of it. Damn you, Bruno Mars. I joined Netflix. Smartest thing I ever did with movies. Since I don't get a whole lotta channels (I only watch Glee on Tuesdays), I now can watch all my favorites shows whenever I want. I don't ever have to complain about not having anything to watch on television when I just want to sit around and veg all day. :D

What happened in September. Hm.
1) Binged watched True Blood Season 2 and binged watched True Blood Season 3 at Noni's with Robyn. Go Rojo! Gotta love that lobster guac. I still can't believe we have to wait a whole year for the next season. For those of you that haven't seen True Blood, it's television crack. Aside from all the dirty sex having and the 'wtf' moments.. it's actually really good. Season 1 was mostly the (dirty sex) having... Season 2 .. I really didn't enjoy it too much, it was wack. And Season 3, well, Season 3 was just too awesome. Oh....Eric. (: OH! And Grey's Season 6 is on streaming and I've also been watching Gossip Girl Season 3. Yes, there was a lot of television watching. Just on Monday's.

2) Breaking into my house. Yep. That's right. There was a 9 hour power outage in this area due to wind storms and of course... can't get into the garage because it's automated. Can't get through the front door because of a weird dead bolt thing that doesn't have a key to it.. It's not so much a dead bolt.. it's more of a hinge without keys or holes. So, so, so, very hard to explain. One of those things ya just gotta look at it and be like.. "Ohhhhh." Long Story short, had to climb down the ladder to my egress window, rip the screen off (luckily the window was open to the basement) and crawl in. Also, due to sheer luck, this lady from DTE energy was here for a gas leak so I had her shine her flashlight down so I didn't fall and crack my head open when I was climbing down. Ended up getting Jet's chicken and bbq pizza with some wings. Lit up all the candles in my house. Power came back at 3 in the morning. This was also Pre-Totoro. Thank Goodness. Otherwise, I think I would've panicked a little. AND I had icecream I *just* bought at Hiller's .. slowly melting. I was so bummed I couldn't eat it that night. I still have to special order that stupid screen since the association doesn't cover it. The window and it's parts are apparently my responsibility. Sigh.

3) Second week of September. Enter Totoro.


Alicia had found said puppy with a head tilt and a kitten with an eye ulcer in front of a Pet Supplies Plus in Lapeer County. The people had just gotten there with them and had a sign, "free to a good home".. so she took them and brought them to work to get them fixed up. Apparently, Ro had some neurological problem that made her walk really weird on her legs and she picked them up really high, but after a few weeks with Alicia and consult from Dr. Quigley (Neurologist), they made the assumption that she either was stuck in her mom for a little too long cutting off the oxygen supply to her brain, or she had a pretty bad virus that affected her brain. It was a Thursday that Alicia had the puppy and I remember seeing her and saying.. OMG. What is that? She's got a square muzzle!! Obviously, she's mine now.. after 'fostering' for a short period of time. Ro Ro is now a little over 12 weeks. She has no problem with her legs or walking, running, jumping, etc. I bought her 2 trinkets and an ID tag that she lost. Also lost some star trinkets I made her too. I thought she ate them.. so Ro's already had xrays. No penny found. No plastic. Just lost. That darn dog!


Hans came to visit briefly mid-September since he was in the area. We hung out and went go-karting up in Sterling Heights, which was pretty awesome. Ro tried swimming for the first time here. There were some other things regarding feeding the animals that I'm just not going to get into during his stay here, haha, but all is well. And I now have a universal garage door opener that I need to program.

4) Got bit by a dog at work. I've gotten bit before, but nothing that deep. Ended up going to Providence. Got there at 2ish, left at 5ish. They put me in Augmentin. I HATE THAT SHIT. I'm not allergic to it, but definitly not my drug of choice if I get bit again. First time having to fill out paperwork for occupational hazard/workman's comp. It really is a hassle.

5) Last weekend of September - Matt came to visit!

(I'm actually kind of sad there weren't more pictures of him/him & I.. stupid me forgot to charge the camera until the night before he leaves. Next time!)
It was such a great week! I don't think I've ever had someone pass me when picking them up at the airport.. or me missing them when they come out of those automatic glass sliding doors. That was a first! I had an awesome time going to the cider mill (Spicer's specifically), hiking, playing with Ro, cooking (not just me.. matt cooked for me too!), baking (Snickerdoodles), getting lost going to pontiac lake AND orion oaks (doesn't help that we're both terrible with directions.. GPS and all, sadly. I blame Tom Tom. -shakes fist-) all in all just hanging out. You know, I've lived in Michigan for a while and I never knew we had decent hiking trails! Ro did excellent for being a puppy her age. We hiked at least 5 miles and she was able to keep up and run around and be crazy. Apparently, she really really really likes to play in the sand... sand = crack to Ro. I wonder how crazy she's going to get when there's snow. She already likes being outside in 40 degree weather and playing in the mud. Matt also taught me how to skateboard - I skated to Tom's Root Beer Stand without falling on my face, played at the 'beach' downtown walled lake and semi-skated back. I'm determined to get better at skating.. like, turning with the front foot. Ahg!! Ah.. I had a blast during that week. If only it were like that most of the time ;) Looking forward to another vacation sooner than later!!! ;)
And if you haven't figured it out already when it went viral on facebook, Matt and I are dating now. This, coming from the guy who thought I hated him in high school. HAH. ;) Funny how the world works. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and so happy about 'us'. (: Never had that type of response before!

September was a pretty amazing month.

What's going on now?
Still waiting for my new car to arrive.
Working hard.
Keeping busy.
Going to K-School.

October should be interesting. Michigan state vs. Umich - October 9th, Brandy's 30th - the 16th, Cilli's going away party - the 30th. .. I want to go to Greneda, too!! D:

It's getting cold here pretty quickly. Just last weekend I was in the water playing with Toro and now I'm wearing scarves and mittens and turning the heat on. Time to bust out the second comforter! Snuggle with the kitties!

Till next time.
No matter where you are in the world,
the moon is never bigger than your thumb
[Dear.John]

posted by Betties @ Sunday, October 03, 2010  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The one and only :D
Recent Biz
Old School Stuff
Current Jams

[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster

Current Flicks and Indulgences

The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League

Obscenely Important Memo

Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Hook Ups
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Miscellaneous Doodads