Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Grab Your Gun And Bring In The Cat


I feel like everytime I plan to write here, I keep pushing it off not because I don't want to. It's because I have so much to say but I don't know how to put it into words without sounding like everything's oozing out of my brain. That, and I don't know where to begin! Every month seems like " a lot " has been going on. It just keeps stacking on top of each other. One right after another. The saying, same shit; different day does not apply here. Sometimes I wish it did so I wouldn't be caught off guard. However, life would be boring now, wouldn't it?
Let's take this week by week starting with where I left off last time.


I had mentioned Matt was coming to visit, which he did (: We spent about a week and a half together and did indeed go to Crystal Mountain. It was a fabulous trip and we even took Ro to the cabin up North. I even tried a black diamond and didn't die :D Spending the last bit of snowboarding season with my main squeeze was a sweet deal, not to mention, we even went to Traverse city. If I remember correctly, we started off at the Grand Traverse Pie Company. I got 6 pieces of pie and Matt got baked goods.
Turns out, he doesn't like pie. :D Pie all for meeeeee~ Afterwards, we checked out the docks overlooking Grand Traverse Bay: pretty gloomy for a winter day. Cold, too - obviously. I think we went to Deering's Meat Market afterwards.. pretty tasty jerky. And by jerky, I meant slabs of meat (which goes awesome with a night of splinter cell and soda). I wanted venison jerky, but learned they had not made ANY this year. Suck. We also went to the Underground Cheesecake and Matt got me cheesecake bites! I ate them all
since he's not a huge cheesecake fan. Yaaaaay cheesecake!! (I did share... I swear) OH! This was after Red Mesa Grill ..aka Mexican heaven. I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food/Tex-Mex food but this place was frakkin awesome. Armadillo eggs all the way (Garlic green chili smashed potatoes stuffed with chicken, rolled in bread crumbs and fried. Served with Red Mesa’s chili de arbol sauce and tomatillo salsa)!! This place has nothing on Rojo. Hands down. Moving along, we ended up stopping in downtown Traverse City and hit up a camera store..ended up getting some old school film and then to the Cherry Republic for some pretty awesome soda, tea, a candle (which smells divine), and Woofwhompers. Yes, you heard right. Woofwhompers. Ro hearts Woofwhompers. The following day, I chopped off my hair. I donated 10.5" of hair to Locks of Love and dinked around with my mother's old Minolta Hi-Matic 7sII. Speaking of which, I need to get it serviced. I think the focus is waaaay off. And did you know it's $10 to get real film developed nowadays? That's absurd! I want my own dark room!)

The day after thaaat.. I'm not sure what happened. I know at some point we walked on the
lake with Ro and her new Ruffwear boots.
Mostly lounged around, oh! Went to Ro's first frisbee class and it was a lot of fun. She has the potential to be a disc dog.. we just gotta get her coordination down. She's able to catch the discs from 5 ft away, but has not yet figured out how to run after them/run in anticipation of catching them. Ro is Scott's mini project and plans to have her catching/retrieving discs midair in a couple of weeks. We'll see how that goes!

Which puts us to mid-March. March Madness this year was not mad at all. State got rocked by UCLA and Michigan to Duke. So now I've lost all interest following the teams and brackets. What's awesome about mid-March, is that after all the searching and turmoil of finding a car, Matt finally found THE car in Queens and is insured. And apparently it's ..and I quote,'BITCHIN'. (:
What's not awesome about mid-March is that it's snowing. Still. So much for Spring! Damn you, punxsutawney Phil! Ah... just kidding you little groundhog thing, you... but seriously. It's still really cold. I shouldn't've expected Michigan to be warm...what was I thinking?

On to the rest of the nitty gritty stuff that was relatively important. Dad ended up having to get a defibrillator implanted. Turns out, he went to see the electrophysicist cardiologist and was diagnosed with monomorphic ventricular tachycardia and even needed electro cardioversion after some testing, hence why he has the defibrillator now. In laymen terms aside from the medical jargon...he's doing just fine post-stroke, post-heart complications. Other things about the fam: the parents are planning on moving this coming June. Yes, June 2011. That means I gotta get my shit or have them bring some to me...in less than 3 months. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it exactly just yet. I mean, the obviously feelings are there: Sad, because I will miss them. Scared, because if anything happens, I can't just hop on a plane and be there in several hours. Worried, because they'll be so far away and if I need anything, I can't just call them up that easily. Relieved, because they'll finally get to retire and spend the rest of their lives just living for themselves and not anyone else. Angry, because the US government sucks up your money till the very end despite how much money you give to them and they end up screwing you over anyways. Yeah, social security, my ass. That's pretty much going to be in the crapper when I frakkin retire.
I can't even imagine why I thought that things would get easy as you grow up. Life gets more and more complicated each day and before you know it, you're dealing with things not because you want to, but because you have to. You gotta put on your big girl shoes and accept the fact that the world is a scary place, but by no means should it stop you from getting what you want and how you deal with it. Just know that getting what you want usually comes with strings attached. You just gotta be ready to deal with that and look for the silver lining. Not that I didn't get it before. But with all that's happening and how I look at everything around me, what I have, what I don't have, what I will have gives me the perspective of where I'm at in my life, right in this moment. What being 25 years old taught me: to think . And no hah-hahs.. or funnies about it. It's true. I'm not saying I was stupid and never thought a single day in my life, but I definitely feel that my cognitive thinking is my biggest achievement this birth year. If this were a video game.. I'd totally get extra TP points under "Attention", "Logic and Reasoning" and "Working Memory" :D Granted, it's nice to be able to compartmentalize all the things that's going on in your life nevertheless, don't forget to occasionally "Say yes to whim! Say yes to chance! Say yes to chaos!"

((pictures 1,5,6,7 courtesy of M.Campbell photography))

First rule, never let'm change you
Rule two, do you to the fullest
And never be ashamed to
You're just good at what they can't do
And they hate that, they wanna paint you
In they color, put you on another
But what they don't accept
And what they don't see
The best thing is what you already be
[Just.The.Way.You.Are.Ft.Lupe.Fiasco.Bruno.Mars]
posted by Betties @ Wednesday, March 23, 2011  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The one and only :D
Recent Biz
Old School Stuff
Current Jams

[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster

Current Flicks and Indulgences

The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League

Obscenely Important Memo

Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Hook Ups
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Miscellaneous Doodads