| Sunday, May 22, 2011 |
| The One With The Note |

May 13. (Well, technically May 14) A little after 2 a.m, I get out of work. More like.. kicked out of work because Nikki and Ranee were on my ass since 1 a.m. for some odd reason I couldn't understand. Hop on the phone to talk to my main squeeze like I usually do, 35 minutes later, push the button to open up my garage door and as it goes up, I see a sticky-note: 'Happy B-Day Cutie <3'. Still on the phone, I ask..."wait, are you here?" And get the response, "Uh....I gotta go!" I park the car, gather the crap I had from work, take Ro Bear out and walk through the garage door. The lights are out. I walk Ro in front of me. 4 helium star balloons were hanging on the stair banister on the way up to the living room. With Ro still in front of me juuuust incase it's not who I thought it would be, we walk up the stairs to the dining room and see the office light on. I open the door to the office and there's Matt sitting on the floor with a telescope manual in his lap and an Orion Telescope to his left. I drop the leash and Ro goes running to Matt all excited and what-not and then it was my turn to get super stoked that Matt's here! And that began my awesome birthday week.
I learned quickly later that Matt's car broke down 20 minutes from my house on I-275 and a dude by the name of Larry, drove him to my house. Mind you, it was pouuuuring out. (Has been for the past week and a half.) Lucky that he didn't catch a cold, and lucky that Larry was a good samaritan and not a psycho killer (Thank youuuuuu, Larry!) Earlier that day, I had made porkchops before I left for work for some odd reason. I never cook food that I don't eat the night of, but I guess I'm glad I did considering he and I didn't get a chance to eat dinner just yet. Spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how he surprised me. Apparently he had a few accomplices, Nikki being the main one, and my parents for not blowing his cover, and my friends for not blowing Nikki's cover. You guys are crazy! Thanks for making my birthday so special!!!
Matt ended up staying here for 1 whole week. Not by choice, either. So we found out the Subaru dealer wasn't open on weekends BUT they accepted after hour drop-offs. Made a couple of phone calls and found a towing company that brought his car to the Subaru dealer close to my place and waited for them to call Monday. They had his car Monday and Tuesday, but since they were so busy, had waited until Wednesday to run the diagnostic and tell us what's wrong with his car. Find out later that Budget didn't have any trucks with trailers available until Friday, and then turns out nothing was available until Saturday, which we used U-Haul instead. $300.00 more also. Bastards. Thankfully, the trip back wasn't problematic, and Matt brought the Forester to CT and dropped it off at EFI Logics and his friend ended up driving him home.
Aside from the car drama and me having to go to work everyday except Monday, we had a great time (: Ro had a great time too, being able to stay home and hang out and do whatever she wants. Matt found a trail and mountan bike trail literally right around the block, on the other side of the lake. Which is pretty freakin' awesome. Ro loves it too. OH! And apparently my dog loves Matt more than meeeee! ): He doesn't think so, but I do! What else. OH! Matt cleaned the house up and made me homemade pizza for dinner when I got off work. Cleaned my car - inside and outside! Did all my dishes. Scoped out longboards for me. We went to Bagger Dave's - home of the bestest make-your-own-burger. Watched movies, stayed up late watching movies, making spaghetti, mac-n-cheese. It was soooo nice to have someone else take care of the house.
Another cool thing - when Matt checked out OAC and People Skate and Snow for longboards for me, he and this dude picked out 3 boards that I might like. Sooooo... after work on Friday, we went to check it out and yep, you got it! I have a longboard now :3 We went with Sector 9. Here it is on their site: MY BOARD! Here's Matt putting trucks and wheels and bearings and doodads and stuff on it ------------------------------------------------------> What's cool too is that Ro pulls me on it and I go really fast :D I don't really know what I'm doing on it, but it's like snowboarding on the road. With my dog. In nice weather. It's pretty freakin' awesome. Everyone should try it! Or something like that :D
What else is new? Ro got a bunch of cool crap from Matt. And by crap, I mean stuff she'll end up using later on hikes and what-not. I got a bunch more stuff too on top of my telescope and Matt. I got a titanium spoon for camping with it's own little caribiner, my own pillow for camping, headlamp, socks, insoles for my hiking boots. Stuff I bought...a new pack and PFD for Ro, 2 platypus 1 L water bottles for Ro, and a new Camelbak reservoir for my pack. Yeaaaah, we're pretty spoiled ^____^ Aside from me getting spoiled, Matt got his very own telephoto lens when he was up here. It was for when he makes the move, but since he was here, I figure it'd be a good time (: There's still lots of other stuff we'll be collecting. Camera parts are like pokemon. Ya gotta catch'm all! Same goes for hiking gear. Camping gear. Diving gear. Any gear.
We're looking into August for when Matt comes up here. Possibly end of July, but EFI said they couldn't fit him in until August. I'm hoping there'll be a cancellation so they could fit him in, or work something out.. otherwise, Matt'll have to fly in for a wedding/vacation, fly back home, and then drive back up here. We're hoping we can do it in one trip. I hope, I hope, I hope! I mean, airports are cool and what-not, but nobody ever thinks clearly at the airport. And it's getting harder and harder to say goodbye, even though we'll be seeing each other again.
On a side note, mom and dad are moving sometime in June. I still want to see them off. But now we have no car.....I'm sure we'll figure something out. Maybe borrow a rental for a little bit. Still unsure of the date just yet on closing.
Tomorrow, I'm going to Birch Run with Nikki. I told myself I'll stop spending money after tomorrow.
Seriously.
I promise.
It'll be back to the old college days when I'd eat nothing but ramen and save every single penny I earn/find/make.
Sweet deal. I'd say!!
Listen to what I say: In every life we have some trouble When you worry, you make it double Don't worry, it will soon pass whatever it is [Don't.Worry.Be.Happy.Bob.Marley]
|
posted by Betties @ Sunday, May 22, 2011  |
|
|
|
| The one and only :D |
|
|
| Recent Biz |
|
| Old School Stuff |
|
| Current Jams |
[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster |
| Current Flicks and Indulgences |
The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League
|
| Obscenely Important Memo |
Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
|
| Hook Ups |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|