So much has happened in July that I can't believe I forgot to recap on what happened! My bad.
It's hard to summarize the whole month without leaving all the finer details but I'll try my best on eliciting a pretty picture on what went on in my life. P.s. there will be a lot of photos.
Taking it back to the top - July 1st: My parents and Matt drive up to visit and to drop off the rest of my crap (mostly awards, certificates, report cards, etc) for the holiday weekend. Lemme tell you - the mere fraction of time I spent looking at pieces of paper that reflected my educational career in Farmingdale was preeeetty hilarious. I just can't believe my mother kept all of that. But I guess that's what mothers do! We went out for lunch and I took them to
kart-2-kart for some go-kart action. I'd anticipated that my father and Matt would kick my ass....buuuut... I ended up being 1st annnnyways... (:D yes, tooting my horn here) Mom did well, I'd totally race them again! Afterwards, we ended up stopping by the side of the road since we were looking for fireworks (Matt and Dad really wanted to set stuff on fire) which we got.. and lit them all the following evening. Most of them ..actually, all of them were fountain fireworks. It was pretty cool, still scary as shit for me. Oh, and we got eaten alive by mosquitoes. And by "we", I actually meant me and my mother. What the hell?! Stupid mosquitoes. Oh, and I took them to see Lake Michigan up in Holland too and the flower/tulip garden SUCKED. Oh well! They left in the morning on the 5th.
J

uly 15th - 20th: The bad news bears went to a
pet resort/hotel for the first time. They loved it so much, they didn't go ape shit when I went to pick them up and actually started going the opposite way of the car. D: It's probably cause I signed them up to get ice cream every night. Punks. Nikki had referred me to this place since it was right down the street from her and she had to drive me to the airport anyway, so it made sense. Their facility is amazing and the level of care and committment they have for the dogs there was astounding. I would take them back if I were out of town for a short while. They have a webcam function that allows you to watch (in my case, stalk) your pet when they're having play time or in their kennels. Matt could probably tell you that I was a
little obsessed to see if they were okay.
The 15th was also the night where Matt's parents and my parents met for the fi

rst time and had dinner together at a Japanese restaurant. We had the 'pleasure' of sitting at the hibachi table and to be honest, I thought it went very well. People were talking, having a good time.. my parents made Matt's parents try green tea ice cream... (Yes.. made.) It's a shame they didn't meet earlier considering the 16th was when I had to drop my parents off at JFK. It was tough, but I'm glad they get to relax and have fun together now. I felt like I was sending my kids off to college, only they were my parents, and they weren't going to college. Later, we went to Jones Beach with Jon, and out to dinner with Jon, Pinar, Jeremy and Sharon, and Lily, and Sandy to this really delicious
Mediterranean place out in Bay Shore. It was Lily's birthday. (And she'll tell that to you, in a strange high pitched man voice! 'It's my birthday!") Even got to see Mr. and Mrs. Klein and catch up with them for a bit.

The 17th was when Matt took me climbing at
Brooklyn Boulders with his friends (we had picked up climbing shoes for me the day before). Climbing is hard! I think I prefer top-roping over bouldering. But I just started, so we'll see when I feel more comfortable. You don't know how weak your forearms are until you've tried climbing. And how much you hate hipsters. Or just the one hipster that really pi
ssed me off for being a c-word about paper towel usage. Yeaah. Next time, I might just punch you in your mouth. :)
18th - Went to Logan's for some SUP action (we had picked up the boards at EMS the morning before) It was so much fun!!!!! I knew I'd like it that much that I'm going to be buying a board in the near future. Along with a kayak. :D Paddling on an SUP is like being on a giant surfboard and you're kayaking at the same time. You can stand, sit, lay down, do whatever you want. It has a lot more freedom than kayaking, but it's only good seasonally whereas kayaking, you can paddle anytime except for winter. I'll let the pictures do all the explaining.



Oh, and Sunday, I dragged Matt to see HP7 Part II with me. :D and we saw this huge bike
gathering.. there were a lot of them!
On the 19th, Matt and I just chilled for most of the day. Had some Chipotle for the first time in years (delicious!!!) and just watched t.v. All in all, it was an awesome weekend that Matt put together for me and despite being back on Long Island, it felt like I was literally somewhere else the entire time. Matt's dad cooked awesome dinners too and we even got ice cream :D We'll have to visit sometime after Matt moves in (which is looking like the end of August).
The 31st was the Warrior Dash!!! It was SICK. I'd do it again next year and I'd hate myself for it. It wasn't the obstacles that kicked my ass, it was the actual running. Meanwhile, my merrells did excellent! Threw them in the wash when I got home and they were all clean! I was super sore and stiff the day after. 3 days post-run, and I'm better (: Nikki, Erika, and I finished the race relatively close to each other. Chris ran it in 32 minutes and some odd seconds, Lauren and Blake were a minute or two behind us. We all finished pretty close to each other and the great thing was that Chris said Nikki can get a kayak if she finished the run in under an hour. Guess what? Sheeee's getting a kaaaayaaaak! :D :D :D Oh! And our top gun theme shirts were a hit!



There's more pics on facebook. We were pretty disgusting.
Tomorrow, I'm picking Matt up from the airport and Cilli's wedding is this Friday. Then this weekend, my friends and I are going up North to vacation at a beach house. Soon after that, Matt makes the move and the time between all that will be left to work and the usual!
Until next time!
The silence isn't so bad, till I look at my hands and feel sad,
cause the spaces between my fingers, are right where yours fit perfectly
[Vanilla.Twilight.Owl.City]