Tuesday, September 27, 2011
HodgePodge





To pay too little attention to would be an understatement. Not that I've been avoiding my monthly responsibility to write here, I've just simply forgot.
Between what happened last month till now, I'm sure you're not surprised to find out that my tardiness is well justified. Last time I left off on Cilli's wedding. Let's start there.




Cilli's wedding was the beginning of August at The Henry Ford. It was a beautiful ceremony (for what we saw of it :/ we got lost and was late) and the reception was awesome. Cilli, of course, was stunning! We all had a fabulous time with all the dancing and celebrating (Matt danced too!) It's hard to describe the wedding and I wish I had more pictures to show for it, but they really do describe themselves.




After the wedding, Matt and I hung out. We never made it up north, but there's always plans for it next time, especially when the leaves are changing colors like they are now. We rented some paddleboards and took Helo and Ro out on the lake with their PFDs and they did pretty well! The whole weekend we spent it on the lake, even tried out our inflatable kayak (courtesy of Robyn!) which actually was pretty safe and buoyant. No leaks yet!

The rest of the month went quickly. Matt was waiting for his car from EFI. I think I'll just leave it at that because if I went into it, I might kick the cat or something.
Matt made his official move the last weekend of August.

The transition went smoothly and I had most of my crap put away. Rearranged the living room area, got a new entertainment system, got a new dining room set with a china cabinet for a really good price. Cherry wood, infact (: I got the chance to put away all the things my parents moved up that were mine or theirs and my house feels more like a home now. Completely furnished. (We got a new computer desk recently, so it is, in fact, completely furnished.) Of course, the dogs were stoked to have Matt stay permanently. Helo doesn't hate him anymore. They have more free time and I no longer have to bring them to work. Our schedules allowed us to leave them at home and we have practically the same work schedules so it worked out really nicely.

On to the more recent events - I started geocaching with Matt and the dogs. We found a couple of local caches and completed one challenge so far. We also took them to the red oaks dog swim up in Madison Heights. They had a BLAST! Ro's paws took a beating but she's good now. Helo... not so much. He was a hobo dog from the streets of Pontiac, so we expected he could take it.




We're definitely taking them back next year. Helo and Ro plays well with others. Bonus!

Next on the agenda was Noni's wedding in Birmingham. I honestly don't have pictures from this event that are worthwhile posting, but everything about it was classy and beautiful. Noni looked liked a movie star from hollywood and there sure were a lot of dancing! I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get a chance.




This month, Matt and I started latin dance classes at SCraft. We've only been to one class so far, and it's a lot of fun! If we get the hang of it, and work schedule permitting, we might take latin dance II, or try swing dancing. We also celebrated our 1 yr this past weekend. And by celebrating, I mean, just hanging out. We went to Spicer's cider mill (apparently, we went there the very first time Matt came up to Michigan. I didn't intend to go for 'memories' sake..I just wanted cider and donuts..hehe), bowling (which...I now suck at, but betting on chili cheese fries made it that much more worth it) and put together our desk (and by "we" put together our desk - I mean, 'Matt'. I watched t.v. all night) Nothing fancy. It was a lot of fun!




Now, as far as plans go; baby showers and going back to LI the end of October. Possibly the end of December, and Hong Kong bound mid January. It's gonna be an interesting next 6 months. Stay tuned!

Oh, and P.s. Matt says he'll be starting a blog soon too, so you can follow on here until he does. Slacker.



My neighbors think I'm crazy
But I don't think they understand

[Talking.To.The.Moon.Bruno.Mars]
posted by Betties @ Tuesday, September 27, 2011  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The one and only :D
Recent Biz
Old School Stuff
Current Jams

[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster

Current Flicks and Indulgences

The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League

Obscenely Important Memo

Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Hook Ups
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Miscellaneous Doodads