Saturday, November 26, 2011
Octember


As we close on the month of November, it's always a good time to recollect what happened especially after Thanksgiving.

October went by really quickly.
Matt and I went back to Long Island to pick up my kayak and visit his family....with the dogs. Ro, Helo and our newest addition, Grylls (We're fostering. No, we're not keeping him. No, we're not just saying that. No, really. We're not keeping him, so stop asking.) We hung out with some of Matt's friends and Grylls met his future family! And! The bears got a return invite to the Campbell house hold. Crazy, right? I guess they're not so bad after all. They were excellent on the drive there and back, especially Grylls. It took about 12 hours one way and about 2-3 stops. Unfortunately for me, I was sick the entire time so the car ride was pretty miserable. We got back Wednesday evening and on to work the next day.

Soon after, it was Helo's first Halloween with us and we dressed him up as a banana and Ro was part shark. We stayed home for the trick-or-treaters...we had 2. I was so bummed!
I'll let the pictures do the explaining:



We also finished our latin dance lessons with Nora and went out to dinner with some of our classmates. If anyone is ever interested in taking up dance with your significant other, DO IT! (: It's a lot of fun despite some of the frustrations. Definitely worth it.

November...honestly, nothing really happened in the month of November except for Thanksgiving. Grylls went to his first vet visit and got his vaccines for the first time. Thanksgiving was fun; we invited Will and Braelynn over (Amy had to work) and made Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green beans with bacon and onions, and brussel sprouts. Matt and I -just- finished eating the leftovers...I still want me some brussel sprouts. This year, I'm thankful for the friends I've made here in Michigan and having Matt move in. You don't realize how much you miss family when everyone else is spending time with theirs and have the ability to just drive over. I'm also thankful for everyone's health - especially my parents.

Here's a random picture of Kiki (:

We're headed back to Long Island the end of December for the holiday. I've managed to finish Christmas shopping and the rest I'll have to make. 4 down, 7 to go! Or something like that.


We haven't decorated for Christmas yet. It's still too soon. That, or I've been listening to Christmas music way before Thanksgiving against my own will to even be in the Christmas spirit in this moment.


Something on the heavier side of things that has been on my mind:

We've all been brought up with the notions of what's right and what's wrong. What's right are things you're supposed to do. What's wrong are things you shouldn't do. Either way they're judged by your conscience. Guilty minds. Temptations. Facts of the matter. Every time we make a decision, we're often presented with a choice. The choice to do right or wrong when in fact, it should be a decision of what's right and what's easy. The funny thing about these delineations is that what's considered easy can very well turn out to be the most complicated thing in the world. So why don't people chose to make the right decision in the first place?

I know I've mentioned this before in the past of making these decisions, and still to this day, people still amaze me. People choose to believe the wrong things to make themselves feel better. People choose to lie so they don't hurt the ones they love, when in the end, it's hurtful anyways. And people choose to do the wrong thing even when they know it's wrong, yet they still do it anyway. I guess that's part of what makes us human.

Hopefully, with the New Year coming, those of us who are constantly making poor decisions will learn that the choice they make not only affects themselves, but the people around them. It's not fair, but it's the truth. So, buck up.



posted by Betties @ Saturday, November 26, 2011  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The one and only :D
Recent Biz
Old School Stuff
Current Jams

[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster

Current Flicks and Indulgences

The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League

Obscenely Important Memo

Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Hook Ups
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Miscellaneous Doodads