| Tuesday, February 26, 2013 |
| Can't Stop Won't Stop |
Holy Crap. Let's get back to this real quick.
Last I left off was Motorstadt 9 and Euro Hangar. First car show I "participated in" and met some pretty cool people. Euro Hangar wasn't bad either, being the first show on the west side of the state that brought in a ton of VWs, there's a lot that needs improvement, but I do plan on going back to both this year. Which means... more improvements to the GTI. Maybe. :D
Here are some pics I promised:
 |
| Motorstadt 9 |
 |
Euro Hangar
|
July, I went up north with Nikki to see her grandparents and her father. I loved it up there. There's absolutely nothing to do, and I loved the serenity and being on the lake, literally. Just walk down a few flight of stairs and you're there. Walk out to the back porch and you see the sun rise and set. I can't compare anything to it since that was my first time up north. We're planning another trip back hopefully this Summer also.
 |
| West Branch, MI |
 |
| Move in Day |
Skip to the next blog ... major hiatus between August and September. Put the condo up for sale and had more than 10 showings in 4 days. Picked our seller on the 4th day. Found our new house 2 weeks later, not entirely where we wanted (as far as lake access goes - not as easy as it was for us in Novi) but 2 car garage [what Matt had requested] and when we walked in, we fell in love with the place. Definitely a lot of house. Needs a lot of love, but was move-in ready. Obviously, there's tons of stuff we want to renovate and finish (the previous home owner's father thought he was pretty handy... which he sort of was, but nothing's up to code, etc. etc.). A little under 2,400 sqft which doesn't include our sun room (which needs a new roof) and the basement (the cat pooper). Selling the condo was a nightmare, not because the condo was difficult to sell, it was the process. I still miss it there, it was a great place to live for the first place I've owned. Now that I've sold it, I owe the IRS the money they lent me in the first place to renovate the condo, which I was unaware that I had to return the money when I sold the house. What sucks even more is that people who bought their homes in 2009 do not have to repay as long as they live in that house for a minimum of 3 years. I wish I waited an extra year. Oh well.
 |
| Christmas 2012 |
You make money to spend it, right?! ...... ..
I figured, it'll just be difficult for the next 3-4 years only because of the new car payment and I'm actually going to be done paying off another one of my student loans at the end of this year. And then another student loan by middle of next year, soooo it's only going to get better financially. Hopefully I won't run into any more pitfalls as I get older...it's getting tough.
 |
| MOD 2012 |
Next jump brings us to visiting Laura, Peter, and Hans in CT (October 2012). Got to meet the EFI crew. See Laura and Peter's new house, see Hans' new house and his dog. Spent a week in CT and it was beautiful there. Celebrated Laura's 27th b-day. Went to a car show on the East side in Jersey (Camden) with Laura.. totally a different scene with Jap. cars. Literally it's a "my penis is bigger than yours" show, not a lot of camaraderie like I've seen in the Euro shows, but still neat regardless. Went go-karting, shopping, hung out like the old days with Laura. The last day I had some car troubles...apparently I was driving around with a screw in one of my super expensive tires and the day before I had to leave, it finally became a flat. None of the dealerships were open on Sunday..so I had to drive over there on my donut (which I really need to get a full sized spare) and hope for the best. Luckily, I had bought the road hazards tire and wheel coverage which saved my ass. Otherwise, for one tire, it would've been pretty expensive. I got reimbursed when I got back to Michigan. Let's just say I'm a pro at trouble-shooting if my TPS light goes off now.
November was when Matt's parents came to visit for Thanksgiving. They stayed for an extended weekend and it was nice to cook for more than just Matt and myself. Got to try out some Vegan dishes (thanks to Josie for her recipes) since they've recently became semi-vegans. Larry (Matt's dad) got sick which sucked, but next time, we hope they'll come visit when it's a little warmer so we can all hike outside and enjoy the scenery. Terri (Matt's mom) bought tons of stuff for us, we still have to print out pictures for all the picture frames she got and Helo and Ro are enjoying the bed she bought them. They sleep on it almost every day (when they're not on the couch. -_-).
 |
| Sky and I in the arena |
November was also the month when I bought my first horse, Sky Starbuck. He's a black and white paint/tobiano. Will turn 11 this May. And he's the bestest. He's taking real good care of me as far as arena riding goes and most importantly trail riding. I lucked out because the person who sold him to me ended up being my trainer at the barn I'm keeping him at. The girls at Brighton Riding Stables are amazing, and they're great company on the trails. I'm currently riding Western, I don't have plans to learn English (still have to get the basics down on Western) and am a beginner canter-er. Matt and I also opened our home to 3 goldfish, so I think we're super complete now, as far as pets go. Matt just needs his project car in the garage and I think we'll be good for a bit.
Skip to the New Year - had a bunch of people over the first of the year. I was really happy with the turn out, especially bringing in the new year with our close friends and having a good time, I couldn't have asked for a more better day. Tons of food, tons of fun. Hoping it will become 'a thing' in the future. Maybe next year, we'll actually have a bigger tv. Games downstairs, movie upstairs kinda thing. I chopped off 10" of my hair to donate....then we jump to February - Mom and Dad sent us a sweet package for Chinese New Year (Year of the Snake, btw) and I decorated the house with a bunch of stuff they got for us from HK and Korea. Later in the month was where Matt and I went to visit Carrie and Heath in Portland. I'm going to leave it at Portland, Oregon for my next post. This one's getting kind of lengthy.
My New Year's resolution is to excercise more and keep this thing updated better. We'll see what happens.... the warrior dash is getting closer and closer. I can't wait to eat shit and hate myself for running a 5k.
'Cause we, we get down 'Cause we stay fresh to death, we the best nothing less"
[Young.Gunz.Can't.Stop.Won't.Stop]
|
posted by Betties @ Tuesday, February 26, 2013  |
|
|
|
| The one and only :D |
|
|
| Recent Biz |
|
| Old School Stuff |
|
| Current Jams |
[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster |
| Current Flicks and Indulgences |
The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League
|
| Obscenely Important Memo |
Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
|
| Hook Ups |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|