| Thursday, April 25, 2013 |
| Right Above It |
 |
| Hard to get the timing right! |
Portland, Oregon. Last time I was there was Winter 2010. The trip out west this time around was to visit my sister and brother-in-law and spend a longer time than just the weekend. Needless to say, it was pretty awesome for the most part; we got to go snowboarding again at Timberline Lodge and visit most of Portland's main attractions (the aquarium and the Japanese Garden), visited the Bonneville Dam, saw Multnomah Falls, went geocaching, hiked around some of the closer parks around their place. That's about it in a nutshell all crammed into a week. Oh, and we got to see Washington from across the river. :D Finally met Luna (what a cutie) and learned how to play the guitar with my bro montana. Ate tons of delicious food (of course) which led us to get our own hot pot stove and pot :3 There was a lot of Soul Calibur-ing and the usual chilling.
Next time, we'll have to see Portland in the Summer.
 |
| View of Portland |
 |
| Washington off in the distance |
The bears got to stay home with the gatos while their aunt Ranee took care off them. Apparently, they were good, so there's hope for more future travels! Soon after the trip, came March. Sky (the horse) got his Spring time shoes in. March also brought us Ahri cat.
Ahri cat (formerly known as "Zelda") is a 6-7 mth old kitten that was dropped off at an rDVM's practice. She has a congenital defect to her heart that's non-surgical and needed a home that could provide frequent echo rechecks and be able to medicate her for life. Cue in the ultra-gullable-tug-at-my-heart-strings-what's-another-cat LVT: Me. -_-; She's doing really well, found out recently she can't ever get spayed because of her condition (Read about it here: VSD and TVD) and her life expectancy is roughly around 2 years. We're hoping for longer, so we'll see.
Skyy (the cat) finally got a recheck echo (non-compliant owner here) and turns out her heart murmur is back from 2006. It's still mild, and we're monitoring her heart size, though slightly enlarged. She was put on meds daily, but she's on a track to get HCM in her golden years, hoping that won't happen. She's not acting any differently and easy to pill. Except her meds cost a buttload of money. Close to $50/month. Luckily, there's the same drug in tablet form, and I'll have to give it to her twice a day instead of once a day for waaaay cheaper.
Err'body else is doing fine. Totoro, Tito, Kiki, Helo, Fishies.
 |
| Tug-o-war |
Now, catching up to April. Nothing much going on this month. The usual grind. Getting a lot of reading in. Finished Stephanie Meyer's The Host. Currently in the process of reading the Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare.
And now I'm going to vent, only because this is a blog after all and it's in it's nature for this sort of content to come up eventually (I am due for a good rant). I'm not typically a person to cover headline news, but hearing and reading about what happened in Boston was devastating. Looking back at all the events that's happened so far this year with the shootings at the school in CT, the movie theatre, the mall in OR, what's going on in North Korea. It really makes me lose hope in mankind. These aren't particularly terrorists attacks. These are American people. People that one day, woke up and thought that doing these types of acts are okay. And then there are those people that have lost so much and are grieving. What is this world coming to? I don't remember terrible things happening like this growing up. At least, not that frequently. Or maybe it's because I was at a more naive stage in my life, being a kid and all..the only events I remember were Columbine and 9-11 being the most terrible things I could remember. But, as a kid/teenager back then, the scariest things I was more concerned about were natural disasters. Like, hey, there's a hurricane coming our way.. or, oh man, there's some serious flooding around here. Nowadays, I worry about what's going to happen anywhere I go. There's no way naivete can even hide the mess in what we call every day life. Maybe because now that I'm older, I can appreciate and value the simplicities of the norm. I just can't wrap my head around how bad things happen to good people. And how good people can turn bad. I know that people aren't born good or bad. Maybe they're born with tendencies either way, but the way you carry out your life and who you know are what matters. And maybe those people that end up going all crazy didn't really have anyone else in their lives to challenge them or make them a better person. Teach them what's wrong and what's right and knowing which to act on. I guess John Milton was right,
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light...
Paradise Lost
I got a small circle, I'm not with different crews We walk the same path, but got on different shoes Live in the same building, but we got different views [Right.Above.It.Li'l.Wayne.feat.Drake]
|
posted by Betties @ Thursday, April 25, 2013  |
|
|
|
| The one and only :D |
|
|
| Recent Biz |
|
| Old School Stuff |
|
| Current Jams |
[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster |
| Current Flicks and Indulgences |
The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League
|
| Obscenely Important Memo |
Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
|
| Hook Ups |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|