| Wednesday, June 26, 2013 |
| Ich Bin Hier Oben Auf Meiner Wolke |
As always, I try to write this in haste as the end of the month nears and it becomes more and more daunting, though temporary only because of how busy the summer months will be. It's honestly not my intention to keep busy (although, who doesn't like the usual distractions from everyday norms?). For the first 2 weeks of June, I was pet sitting for a friend that consumed most of my free time and a lot of mileage on the GTI. About 500 miles each week has now dwindled to about 200-300 miles. Hopefully after this month it will go back down to 100-200. Premium gas is so unforgiving to the wallet and cost of living is definitely not getting easier though not getting any harder.
Motorstadt X was a lot of fun this year, but still didn't win anything. Kinda was mad about it only because there's always going to be a default win in the MKVIs because of this poor excuse of a girl, but whatever. Let by-gones be by-gones. Not exactly sure what I'll be doing to the car next year, time will tell. There were for sure a lot of awesome older models this year and a lot more Audis than I could remember. Saw the beautiful Audi TT RS and the Audi R8.. I knew I loved these cars for a reason and they'll always have a special place in my heart. There was also a stunning amount of subarus (WRXs) and saw an EVO or two which made me think of Laura and Pete. It's funny what you'll see on the roads in the Summer because of how many cars that are garaged in the Winter. And maybe it's because I've been exposed to the car scene now (better late than never, right?) and am able to recognize them better. Who knows? (:
Either way, always a fun time with a great group of people.
For the remaining duration for the month of June, I've been keeping busy with a house project. The roofing company finally replaced the old roof in the sun room just in the knack of time. The day before we had a torrential downpour with large sized hail and the room was almost flooded with rain water. They came out the day after, 4 days after it was promised that they would show up earlier in the week. [shrugs] what's done is done and I love it. I've been collecting pallets and a friend of mine has helped me put them together to make pallet furniture. I'll be sure to put in a before-after project post when it's done and finished. Let's just say it's been a lot of work, a lot of manual labor and learning that you should try really hard to keep polyurethane and paint thinner OFF your skin. The goal is to get it finished before Laura comes.
Speaking of which, Laura is coming to visit July 4th weekend, yay!!! And, she's expecting her first child in December. Which means I'm going to be an aunt again! I can't wait to spoil her baby. It melts my heart knowing that we're in that stage of our lives now. When I heard of the news, everything that was a stressor in my life literally went out the door. I can't even express how ecstatic I am to be able to share in this joy.
There's a lot of things that are planned for that weekend and at the end of the month is the anticipated Warrior Dash. Participating in another 5k is overwhelming only because I'm not a runner, nor am I an athlete by any means (which is odd considering the nurse asked if I was since my heart rate was in the mid-60s :D yay for being healthy). I want to say I'm fit for my age but I absolutely have no cardio or endurance when it comes to running. Gimme any other sport to play in - hockey, soccer, football, tennis, what-have-you, I can go for a long time, but straight up running wrecks me. I know I'm complaining about it now (when else will I get to? ;p) and I'm sure I'll feel differently after the fact. All I can say is, I'm glad there's plenty of obstacles to break the miles into decent portions for the fat kid that's in me and I've been working out.
Other than that, there hasn't been much time for much self reflection in this month and when there is time for that, it's not very productive. I try to be a reasonable person, and I know that somewhere inside me there is a forgiving person. Somewhere there is a woman who tries to understand what people are going through including herself, who accepts that things aren't always what they seem. That the best way to go at it is to lift it up and be patient. I swear she exists but I also think people tend to overestimate my character. And sometimes, if I saw her, I don't think I'd recognize her.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. - George Benard Shaw
Good news: DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) is finally unconstitutional
Brazil is working on reform and free public transit
Seoul's helping North Korean refugees
Und alles bleibt stumm
[Echt.Junimond]
|
posted by Betties @ Wednesday, June 26, 2013  |
|
|
|
| The one and only :D |
|
|
| Recent Biz |
|
| Old School Stuff |
|
| Current Jams |
[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster |
| Current Flicks and Indulgences |
The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League
|
| Obscenely Important Memo |
Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
|
| Hook Ups |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|