Thursday, February 6, 2014
Do You Believe It?

2014.
It's turning out to be a great year so far.  Things are finally turning around.  Looking back on 2013, there were definitely times where I thought I've had it, but perseverance and having the people in the my life really got me through it.  There's been a lot going on, but honestly, who am I kidding? There's always a lot going on.  Part of that is because I make it that way.  I find that if I'm alone too long, I think too much and I'm really not interested in doing that for the 4 days I'm off.  An idle mind is the devil's playground, right? 'Determine never to be idle.  No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.  It's wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.'   Ya got that right, Jefferson.



So, I last left off Nov. 2013.  I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NYE so some of my coworkers can spend time with family.  I started my new position Dec. 2013   Saw the Lee/Yung family for the first time since Michelle and Kristopher's Wedding back in July 2012.  I stayed with Laura for a week and I got to meet Emma and Julia for the first time for an early CNY celebration in January 2014 and can I just say, I'm in love!  I'm allowed to be biased so whatever - Emma is the cutest !  It was so great seeing all the babies during the holiday and it warms my heart to know that Emma and Julia have so much love surrounding them.  Times like these I wish I lived closer to my bestie so I can see all the milestones that she and Peter will have with her.  I'll settle for skype and text messages until I can see her again.  


The newest thing I've been doing this year is exercising.  What?!! Watch out world.  Even going to the gym and bought real running shoes for my ridiculously flat feet.  I think I bit off a little more than I could chew.  Signed up for two 5ks and wait for it.... 


I was pretty positive about it.  But this whole running for 10-12 miles bit is pretty scary stuff for me.  I've never been a runner. I've never enjoyed any form of cardio.  Should be interesting!  It's in September and I'm determined to finish the race even if it takes me all day.  The first 5k is in April, the Hot Cocoa Classic in downtown Detroit.  The next one is the Warrior Dash in July - my 3rd year running it.  I think the key is to stay super positive and not let the whole mental thing get to me.  Everytime I get on that treadmill, I psych myself out and think about running the 3 miles I gotta run and then multiplying it by 4 and how much that would suck.  I know, I know, it's just the beginning and I haven't ran since last July/August.  Gotta give myself a break.  It'll be so awesome to finish all these races.  Another thing to check off the o'l bucket list.

Another thing I've been doing is volunteering at one of the Waterford Schools for high risk kids and I'm officially in the FBI system cause they had to print me ): haha.  I meet with my mentee once a week for a year and so far it's been really interesting and fun.  Makes you think about what you were like when you were in school, what you did, and how it impacted other people.  It's refreshing to know that you've got kids that look up to you or look to you for direction and for positive experiences.  I know, I'm starting to sound like my age.  Yikes.

Lemme follow that up with something inappropriate - I've been binge watching Breaking Bad and for the first 2 seasons, I was obsessed with it.  Probably because of the chemistry behind it (big nerd, right here, totally admitting it just this once) and how even good people that are desperate can make the choice to do bad things.  People are people, eh?  

"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant, 
but it's very important that you do it because nobody else will. 
 Like, when someone comes into your life and half of you says, 
 'You're no where near ready'.
 And the other half says, 'Make [them] yours forever.' "


I'll give it to ya, Robert Pattinson.  Even though I don't condone your Twilight movies, Remember Me was an excellent one.

posted by Betties @ Thursday, February 06, 2014  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
The one and only :D
Recent Biz
Old School Stuff
Current Jams

[Jason Chen] Unexpectedly
[Jason Chen] Never For Nothing
[SNSD] Paparazzi
[Big Bang] Monster

Current Flicks and Indulgences

The Bourne Series
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The League

Obscenely Important Memo

Because the world could never have too many memos (:
Currently reading: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Hook Ups
Template by
Blogger Templates
© Miscellaneous Doodads